• December 3The first day of winter break will be a half day on December 21st

• November 16The snow make-up day will be February 18!

• November 29Follow us on Twitter: KDnewspaper

The Ram Page

Face Mask Review

Rhianon Capo

Boscia’s Luminizing Black Charcoal Mask launched about a year ago. The mask is $34 and found in stores such as Sephora, Ulta, Amazon, and Bosica’s website this week.

Boscia describes this product as an “innovative, powerful, mineral rich mask infused with activated charcoal that peels off to reveal a brighter, more clarified complexion”.

When asked if the product met its expectations, most agreed. “ My skin feels softer and brighter,” said lacrosse player, Jackie Dalton.

The brand claims this mask to be for all skin types and a solution for problems with pores, oiliness, and uneven skin texture.

The company suggests using the charcoal masks one -two times a week to notice a difference, but these results may vary based on my interviews.

“I use it pretty regularly, about one – two times a week, though sometimes I only use it when I need it. I see a difference right away,” said senior Destiny Billings.

The peel off mask is tight and rejuvenating. When removing it, it strips dirt from your pores and clarifies your skin.

“It removes my dead skin from my face and makes my skin feel great,” said senior Deanna Shrodes.

A common stereotype charcoal masks have is that they are painful when peeling off and that they can irritate the skin. But Boscia’s mask is different.

“It doesn’t irritate my skin at all. Usually these masks leave my skin red and burning, but Boscia charcoal mask leaves my face looking fresh,” said Shrodes.

For those who want a refreshing charcoal mask but are on a budget, consider purchasing Shills Purifying Peel-Off mask found on Amazon for only $10.

This mask is said to be dupe for the Boscia mask, meaning it has all the same effects and uses, just for a lot less money!