• December 3The first day of winter break will be a half day on December 21st

• November 16The snow make-up day will be February 18!

• November 29Follow us on Twitter: KDnewspaper

The Ram Page

Fall and Winter Makeup Trends

Rhianon Capo, Reporter

Your fall and winter wardrobe aren’t the only thing that needs to transition for the colder weather; your makeup and skincare routine needs a refresher, too.

When it comes to colors and shades, the fall and winter season are home to dark, neutral, and warm colors. For example, wearing maroon or burgundy lipstick.

Fall eyeshadow colors for this season should consist of rose golds, burnt oranges, Honeycrisp red, and coppers, etc.

A good palette that holds all of these fall colors would be the Morphe 350M Nature Glow Matte Eyeshadow Palette which can be found on Morphe.com for $24.

Morphe sells multiple palettes with colors perfect for every season, they even have custom palettes you can create for great prices.

One of the best ways to get a standout fall look is to vamp up your lip color. During fall, turn to plum or burgundy shades of lipsticks, glosses, and stains. The look is somewhat vampy but absolutely stunning on pale skin.

Another thing that makes this trend helpful is that burgundy and plum shades complement complexions

When it comes to foundation, there can be matte foundations and dewy foundations. The difference between matte and dewy skin has to do with the finish that the skin leaves; the amount of shine and radiance.

Matte skin is void of any excess oil. It has a more velvety finish that pulls light inward, often with a powdery texture. Dewy skin has an almost moist appearance.

In winter and fall, matte is a much more popular look.

To keep your skin hydrated and keep your makeup from looking cakey, a winter skin care routine is necessary.

When cold weather comes, our skin tends to become dry and flakey. Techniques to keep your skin refreshed consist of exfoliating regularly, using nourishing serums, eye creams, hydrating masks, and oils.

There are two main types of exfoliant, chemical and mechanical. Chemical exfoliants use either an acid- or enzyme-based formula such as alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) such as glycolic acid or beta-hydroxy acid (BHA) such as salicylic acid.

Chemical exfoliants consist of simple techniques such as using wipes, spraying, or gently patting onto the face.

A suggested chemical exfoliant is the Pixi Glow Tonic, found at target for $15

Physical exfoliants uses ingredients, or a tool, that physically scrubs old, dead cells from the surface of your skin. Most commonly, these ingredients are ground down natural products such as nuts, stones, plants and plant extracts.

An affordable exfoliant that does the job perfectly is the St.Ives scrubs. There’s multiple kinds that apply to any need for your skin and each one contains beads that exfoliate your face. These masks can be found at Target, Drugstores, or Amazon from $3 – $5 dollars.

A good everyday skin routine would be washing your face every morning and night, exfoliating once or twice a week,  using masks once or twice a week, a toner every morning and night, serums, and moisturizers every morning and night.

A mask you could use this winter to keep your skin hydrated is the Super Collagen Mask from Mario Badescu, a highly favorited, and affordable brand. You can find this at Ulta for $18.