Homecoming Pep Rally

November 15, 2022

The Homecoming Pep Rally occurred on October 14 where high schoolers and middle schoolers would meet for the second year in a row, outdoors.

This year’s Homecoming Pep Rally had many activities to get the school excited for the upcoming weekend (homecoming dance and football game).

Once everyone was seated, English teacher Grant Leonard welcomed the students and introduced the band who performed their halftime show “The Elements”.

The production represented the three elements, fire, water, and air through the playing of instruments and color guard.

After the band performed, the varsity cheerleading team attempted to get the audience excited for the upcoming events by using the songs “Applause” by Lady Gaga and “Sweet Caroline” by Neil Diamond.

Athletic Director Blake Knecht introduced the fall sports teams by having them stand and acknowledged their accomplishments throughout the season.

Football Coach Christopher Grube states “I think whenever we have a pep rally it’s a positive because it just shows our guys how important the game is that night and how important it is for the student body to be there to cheer them on.”

Then, Leonard introduced the Homecoming court. The couples entered one by one dressed up in matching costumes of choice.

For example, candidates Ally Eaton and Brock Morris dressed up as Barbie and Ken. Gabriel Rader and Hattie Denny were The Man with the Yellow Hat and Curious George.

Tennis player Jordis Seymour said that Dylan Cunningham and Isabella Portello who were Gru and Vector from Despicable Me were her favorites. “It was the most creative, and to me, it showed that the couple was just there to have fun, not trying to impress anyone,” Seymour said.

As each couple was introduced, they would play a game of “Would You Rather?’’ where students were given a choice between two statements.

Some of the would you rather questions were: “would you rather go to school for four days a week for ten hours or go five days a week for 8 hours?”

After Leonard introduced the Homecoming court, it was time for some class competition with various Minute-to-Win-it games. Class officers and one teacher from each grade participated to win the school’s “Spirit stick”.

Some of the games included: blowing plastic cups off a table with a single balloon’s air and getting ping pong balls out of a tissue box that is wrapped around the waist by jumping.