New Face of the Biology Class

New science teacher Logan Wolfe, who teaches many subjects including biology, physiology and anatomy, started on August 24.

Wolfe had never heard of our high school until she was applying for jobs but knew a Spanish teacher who was a coach at our school.

When it came for her first teaching job, she had mixed emotions and didn’t realize that there was more to know about teaching than what she had thought.

Teaching in front of a class is enjoyable for Wolfe, and she is thankful to be able to teach so many different classes.

She credits her love for science to her high school biology teacher, Mrs. Anderson, at her alma mater Oxford Area High School.

In her high school and college days, she was in many clubs and school activities including volleyball, softball, track, National Honors Society, National Spanish Society, helping hands and other volunteer organizations.

After high school, she attended Messiah University, where she earned a Bachelor’s of Science in Biology and then attained her certification in secondary education. She graduated this past spring.

Wolfe said, “To me, for my first year teaching, it feels very exciting to be able to teach kids about biology. Sometimes, I feel like it’s hard to teach biology because students aren’t interested in it, and I want to put biology into their lives so they can learn more about it.”

Seeing and hearing other teachers’ teaching habits has helped Wolfe decide on how she wants to run her classroom.

“I really loved that they had cell phone pockets,” she said.

Many students enjoy having Wolfe as a teacher including sophomore Averie Smith; she said that this was one of her favorite classes. “Mrs.Wolfe’s class is very fun to learn about biology, and I want to achieve more in her class. I like that she explains everything well and it is easy to learn things.”

Wolfe really loves being able to help students in any way she can. She likes to do hands-on activities like labs, and she is enjoying getting to know her students.

Outside activities Wolfe enjoys are having dinners with her fiance, spending time with her family especially during family reunions, going on walks with her dog, and baking.