Why Teens Should Be Allowed to Vote

Wyatt Menges, Reporter

Should the voting law be lowered to the age of 16 in the United States?

Various studies show they know all the necessary knowledge and are ready to vote.

According to Vote16USA, the same tests done on 18 year old people and older show no difference when compared to the 16 and 17 year olds.

It will affect them in many different ways so they should get a say in it.

Another reason is that many U.S. citizens don’t vote at all and need more people to do it. 

But other people disagree that they are ready to vote and that they lack the knowledge they should know to vote. 

People also say they lack the motivation to vote and stay up to date on politics. This would be true for some people but there are a lot of them that would be motivated to vote and stay up to date. 

One way that this could be done is by schools making classes to help the teens stay informed about politics and the candidates.

It would be a mandatory class, all teens will have to take it.

It would be similar to a driver’s ed class, at the end of it you have a test on your knowledge about the candidates and politics. 

People who get less than a 60% on the test fail and do not get to vote. They wouldn’t get to retake the test that same year, the next year they would get to take it again.

A lot of people just believe ads they see that could be not true, so the idea of creating a class in high schools to inform teens about the truth is a good way for people to get the right information and unbiased opinions.

I think this is a good idea because even with the age limit for voting now, a lot of people still don’t know much about what is going on. 

And even without this class, a lot of teens are still informed more and know more about politics and candidates than adults nowadays. 

The reason for this is because of the school’s teaching in social studies and learning about history.

This doesn’t teach them about the candidates that are alive today, but it teaches them about other things like the different political parties and how they originated. 

Another way is from social media, which could be just lying half the time but some of it is true, if students had this class to teach them, they would be able to tell what’s true or not.