Music Boosters Hosts Holiday Craft Show

November 21, 2018

On December eighth, the Music Boosters will be holding a craft show and silent auction at Stewartstown elementary in the cafeteria. The event is open to the public from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., and the silent action ends by 1:30 p.m.

Community members and organizations that had seen requests for crafters paid for a table to sell their crafts.

There are already as many as 40 vendors scheduled to attend the craft show, and there may be even more by the time the craft fair comes around, as spots are still available.

For those interested in reserving spots, it costs $20 per table and a donation to the silent auction.

Vendors will be selling things such as: slime, jewelry, birdhouses, photography, paintings, essential oils, Tupperware, wreaths, candles, gift cards, candy, and much more.

Local business owners and vendors donated a large variety of items for the silent auction. Some items are individual while others come in fun, holiday themed baskets; there will be around 20 to 30 different items and baskets to bid on.

Some of the auction items include gift certificates to various locations, such as: Laserdome, The Turkey Hill Experience, Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, and Sight and Sound to name a few.

If you weren’t aware of how a silent auction operates, here’s how: if you see an item or basket that you would like to place a bid on, you are given a number and you use that number to write down your bid. The person that bids the most on the item or basket by the end of the craft fair, will get to buy it.

In addition to the silent auction and craft show, Santa Claus will be making an appearance at noon, and various students will be providing live music at different times throughout the entire event.

South Eastern Intermediate School (SEIS) Jazz Band will perform at 10 a.m. Additionally, there will be high school students who will play holiday music throughout the day.

Wondering where you can get food during the event?  Well, do not fret! There are plenty of good food options to check out while you’re bidding/shopping and visiting with Santa.

Music Boosters will be selling homemade soups, a variety of baked goods, and hot dogs. A pit beef business from Delta called Country Boy’s Barbecue will be at the event serving pit beef sandwiches, which they will be making on site.

The whole purpose of this craft show and silent auction is to raise money for Music Boosters. They have a goal to raise $1,000, which will go towards teaching and providing opportunities to the student musicians of our district.

Music boosters includes a group of volunteer parents and music educators from our school district. The purpose of this group is to raise money for the teachers, students and programs in our school district.

President of Music Boosters Laura Nielsen said, “The by laws state ‘The purpose of the association shall be to promote the music program in South Eastern School District.’ Financial support in addition to finding volunteers to help out at events are just some of the things that the boosters do.”

The music students are also helping out for their cause. They will be doing things such as working the food table, helping crafters and vendors, and even holding signs along the road to help bring people to come in and shop.

The Ram Page • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Ram Page Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *