Alumni Patrick O’Connor A Life of Success

Life was a grind in high school from football to track and field practice and making the top 20 in the graduating class. It was not all easy for Patrick O’Connor, but the challenges in high school prepared him for a successful career in life. 

O’Connor was very involved during his high school years. He earned various recognitions and awards at the county and regional level for both football and track and field. 

He believed that sports played an important role during his time in high school. Sports were an outlet for the usual frustrations that high schoolers face. 

Along with that O’Connor also believes that sports play an important role in developing collaboration skills, conflict resolution and stress management. Sports were what helped him balance out his pre-teen and teenage years. 

As exhibited in his sports accomplishments, he knew how to apply himself to success. O’Connor said, “You need to have a vision of who you want to be whatever that may be. I always wanted to be successful and for me that was a financial goal. You need to pick a benchmark of where you want to be and what you want to be doing at certain points in your life.”

The high school experience O’Connor had was fast.  He enjoyed everything high school had to offer from the little things to the big ones. It was a time of the great unknown and constant change from the embarrassing and awkward moments to the best moments with friends.

“Do not take it for granted. I was blessed with the best teachers and overall experience from a first class school that really cared about their students.” 

After graduating from high school, O’Connor continued his education at York College receiving a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and a Minor in Marketing. He graduated from York College in 2007. 

O’Connor decided to major in Business Administration, because overall, it is a degree that opens up a door to many different careers. College for O’Connor was all about getting the degree; this was about checking the box for him. 

He is now a Vice President, Senior Employee Benefit Consultant. He represents employers in the mid/large-size market in Maryland, District of Columbia (DC), and Virginia. He represents the Employer to the Insurance Marketplace. He will negotiate the rates and plans of the Medical Plan for the Employer. 

His goal at work is to enhance the benefit experience for the employees and their dependents all while providing the employer a deeper understanding of what is driving the benefit plan costs year over year. 

In O’Connor’s free time, he enjoys golfing, fishing, and cooking. He has also thought about opening up his own restaurant or becoming a cook. If he were to open a restaurant, it would be in French cuisine; he enjoys the complex flavors and luxurious rich food.

The Ram Page • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Ram Page Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *