• December 3The first day of winter break will be a half day on December 21st

• November 16The snow make-up day will be February 18!

• November 29Follow us on Twitter: KDnewspaper

The Ram Page

Spanish V Teaches at Delta

Back to Article
Back to Article

Spanish V Teaches at Delta

Spanish V students, under the guidance of their teacher Karen Snyder, worked with elementary students to learn various elements of the Spanish language.

The Spanish V students worked in collaboration with Delta elementary kindergarten teacher Sarah John’s class on a project to learn colors and Spanish numbers.

“This is the first year we’ve done a collaborative project at Delta. For many years, my Spanish IV and V classes have gone to Fawn for a variety of different collaborative projects,” Snyder said.

On April 26, after traveling to Delta Elementary, high school students performed a memorized version of Eric Carle’s “La Oruga Muy Hambrienta” (The Very Hungry Caterpillar). Afterwards, they reviewed numbers and colors with the kindergarten students as a class.

“The Kindergarten students loved having the seniors there. They were energetic and participated in the activities,” said Snyder.

After this, Spanish V students broke the kindergarten students into small groups and practiced the information again at a smaller level.

The trip was a success, according to Snyder, who believes “it is important for students to learn from peers as well as having the older/ younger match up for learning information. Also, whenever students are forced to use their Spanish in real situations, it makes it more meaningful.”
The following Spanish V students participated: Kevin Avalos, Mia Crystle, Katelyn Golden, Ally Ebaugh, Maddy Miller, Mikayla Marsjanik, Blaine Phillips, Ethan Phillips, Autumn Phoukieo, and Joey Thomas.