Costa Rica Trip

Cody Joines, Reporter

The school offers students and the community the opportunity to go on a variety of trips like Africa and Costa Rica. These trips occur regularly through the student touring company EF Tours.

EF Tours began in 1965, and its goal was to offer students ¨experiential learning, cultural immersion, and authentic connections.¨

Currently, Spanish teacher Karen Snyder is organizing a trip to Costa Rica that will occur this summer.

The trip will cost a student traveler $2,685; students can pay this in increments if they choose.

The trip will be eight days in length, but two days will include significant travel, as the plane ride will take six to seven hours.

The students will be visiting a variety of locations where they will take part in many different experiences, including: Via Poás in the Sarapiquí region; they will take a tour at Tirimbina Biological Reserve, and experience a Sarapiquí canopy tour.

Another adventure students will take part in include a hike across a suspension bridge to former cocoa-growing plot where they will learn about the cocoa tree and the history of chocolate.

In order to take part in this trip, there are no academic requirements to go on the trip, nor do students need to be fluent or even speak any Spanish.

In preparation for the trip, students will also need to make sure their passport isn’t expired; be aware, a child’s passport (someone 16 or younger) is only good for five years.

A new passport will cost at least $115, and it will take four to six weeks to process a new passport. This is a lengthy process that requires a great deal of paperwork, including birth certificates.

https://www.uspassporthelpguide.com/child-passport/

As of the time of publication, there are 15 individuals signed up for the trip.