Breakfast with Santa

Benigna Polanco, Reporter

On December 1, Student Council hosted its annual Breakfast with Santa, which is open to community members and their children.

Families throughout the district came to enjoy the festivities, but why do we have it?

“We do Breakfast with Santa for two main reasons,” said Student Council adviser Terri Bracey. “The first is a a community outreach, and the second is to raise funds to donate to Dollars for Scholars for a scholarship for a KD student.”

Typically, Student Council makes around $200, and all proceeds go to Dollars for Scholars to help students pay for collage.

Families must buy tickets beforehand, then show them the morning of the event.

The tickets were ordered by elementary students and sent to the schools through the interoffice mail.

People outside of our district could send the orders in.

At the event, there was a bake sale in the entrance to support Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA).

Their baked goods were one dollar each for bags of goods, or single pieces if the items were large enough.

They had thing like cookies, chocolate covered pretzels, brownies, and rice krispie treats.

In the cafeteria, people would get their food, which was pancakes with sausage and milk or orange juice to drink.

After eating, attendees had the chance to visit different activities set up, such as: craft tables in the back, a station for writing christmas cards to veterans, and a table set up with story books.

The crafts were for making christmas trees, or reindeer out of popsicle sticks, pipe cleaners, and a small array of glitter.

In the story book corner, the books were being read to the kids who came over, but they could choose to read ne of the other books by themselves.

National Art Honor Society (NAHS) had their Holiday Bizarre set up for people to enjoy a bit of shopping, as well.

In the front of the cafeteria was the line to get your picture taken with Santa and Mrs. Claus.

Kids were enjoying all the stations, but Santa was by far the most popular part. The line stretched across the front of the cafeteria.

It was an enjoyable time for the community. Be sure to get tickets and join in next year.