Breakfast with Santa Event for Community

Jessica Jones, Journalist

On December 7, Student Council will be hosting the annual Breakfast with Santa to bring the community together. Located in the cafeteria of the high school, breakfast will be served between 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.

Student Council advisor Rachel Bontoyan describes Breakfast with Santa as a popular event –since close to 200 adults and their kids come every year. While that is a large number, Bontoyan said that they never had an issue with too many people attending.

The breakfast will include popular favorites, including: french toast, bacon, and donuts to only name a few.

Bontoyan said, “The main point is to pull the community together […] it is also a time where our art department and [National Art Honor Society] showcase their art work.”

Not only will young children be able to meet Santa, but they may be able to do a little holiday shopping as well. Students from the above mentioned clubs will also have artwork and toys for sale.

President Karlie Fromm has been a member of Student Council for six years, and has been President for two. Fromm said that Breakfast with Santa will be the same as last year, meaning there will still be food, crafts, and Santa.

In addition to the holiday festive activities, children will be able to make cards for veterans and people who are currently serving in the military.

Student Council sponsors Breakfast with Santa in order to help contribute financially to Dollars for Scholars. Dollars for Scholars is an account in which money is given to seniors as scholarships to help pay for college.

An added benefit is that Student Council can also help NAHS by giving them a platform to show and sell various forms of artwork.

Almost every Student Council member participates in decorating, collecting tickets, getting people through the breakfast line, children’s activities (coloring and decorating ornaments), and helping take pictures with Santa.

In order to spread the word, elementary children will be sent home with forms. There is also a form online at the district website, Facebook, and Twitter.

Forms are due on November 18 to the high school’s main office or to your child’s elementary teacher. Tickets for adults are $8 and tickets for children are $6. Payment can be made in cash or check.

Any questions? Email Bontoyan at [email protected]. Tickets and forms are available at
http://www.sesdweb.net/UserFiles/Servers/Server_142286/File/News/Breakfast%20with%20San
ta%202019%20Flyer.pdf.