Rams End Season On A Hot Streak

Peyton Parks, Sports Editor

After a tough start to the season for the Rams, they’re finally piecing it all together. With a disappointing 2-11 start the last four games, the Rams have been on fire.

The hot streak started as the team took down heavy hitter the Wyomissing Spartans with an 8-5 win. The team was led by pitcher Adam Loucks putting on a clinic at the plate as he went 3-3 with two runs scored.

The Rams hit the road to destroy the Bermudian Springs Eagles 13-4. As senior Hank Leighty started the game for the Rams, he went on to have six strikeouts in 5 ⅔ innings pitched.

Throughout this impressive stretch for the Rams, the team hit the ball hard and very often as they racked up 21 hits in the game against Bermudian Springs. A big showing for the Rams after the bats began the season cold.

As the hot streak wore on, they took down Eastern York in a five inning mercy rule. Freshman Ryan Perzanowski pitched the whole game allowing no runs and just two hits.

Leighty hit a home run over the left field wall as he led the Rams to killing Eastern 10-0.

When the Rams played the Bermudian Springs Eagles again it was a tighter game this time around as the team took down the Eagles 4-2. 

Loucks started the game as he went four innings allowing two runs on three hits. Senior Wade Kaminski came in relief and was lights out; he pitched three innings without allowing a runner on base.

Sadly, the good luck of the Rams dwindled away as their hopes for districts diminished with a tough loss to the Middletown Blue Raiders. 

One rough inning was the Rams’ Achilles heel as the team allowed three runs in the second inning. After that the Blue Raiders were held to no runs as the Raiders beat the Rams 5-1.

After a disappointing season for the Rams finishing 6-12. The Rams were sent home with the seniors last season ending in a disappointing fashion.