Future Farmers of America Attend Mid-Winter Convention

On January 9 students from the Future Farmers of America (FFA) attended the 107 Pennsylvania Farm Show in Harrisburg, PA for the Mid-Winter Convention.

Mid-Winter Convention is where FFA members earn awards for their achievements.

According to Progres

s News, there were more than 5,000 individuals in attendance.

FFA members Hailey Marslett, Katie McFatridge, Ashlin Miller, and Jenna Morris received their Keystone Degrees.

The Keystone Degree is the highest degree that an FFA member at the state level can earn.

“Receiving my Keystone Degree at the Mid-Winter convention was a very unreal feeling. To be in the presence of all the other FFA members in the state, it felt like an honor to receive my award and stand alongside all of them,” said Miller.

An important part of the convention is recognizing students who earned their FFA jackets. The Pennsylvania FFA Alumni Jacket Schorarship program helps support this honor.

FFA members: Raina Culver, Delaney Delp, Austin Gibbs, and Keegan Rigney received their jackets.
Jacket scholarship recipient Rigney, said, “Receiving my FFA jacket was a great experience that allowed me to use my knowledge to truly earn my jacket and feather of respect for what it stands for in the association.

“I very much enjoyed being able to spend this time with friends and share the very symbolic moment of first putting the jacket on with hundreds of other dedicated students from the state of Pennsylvania.”
“It was a really fun experience, and I enjoyed seeing some of my fellow FFA members receive their awards as well,” McFatridge said.

Sophomore FFA member Genesis Roycroft said, “I think the Mid-Winter Convention was a great time to see not only my fellow FFA members receive achievements, but to reflect on yourself and your own goals.”